Ever wanted to try making your own yoghurt but don't want to invest in expensive electronics? This yoghurt maker is the perfect solution!
This lightweight, non-electric yoghurt maker is the simplest way to make natural, preservative free yoghurt at home. Simply mix your chosen milk and cultures in the inner container, fill the maker basin with boiling water and leave for 8-12 hours. It's as easy as that.
This maker is suitable for all milk types including cows milk, goats milk and even non-dairy milk (we have dairy free cultures available here). Your yoghurt maker comes with full instructions.
How to use your Manual Yoghurt Maker
You will need:
- 1 litre of your chosen milk (for best results use UHT milk)
- 1 sachet of yoghurt cultures
- A whisk
- Boiling water
- Take the inner container from the yoghurt maker and fill it with half of your milk.
- Empty in 1 sachet of your yoghurt cultures
- Whisk in your cultures until the mixture is smooth.
- Add in the rest of your milk and whisk again.
- Fix the lid tightly on the inner container.
- Fill the yoghurt maker base up to the fill line with boiling water.
- Gently place the inner container in the hot water and seal the yoghurt maker lid tightly.
- Leave your yoghurt maker somewhere vibration free (away from washing machines, fridges etc.) for 12 hours.
After 12 hours you can remove the inner container of the yoghurt maker and store in the fridge. Consume within a week.
If you are not using UHT milk: Before you use the milk, you need to heat it up to 95°C (just below boiling). Keep it at that temperature for 3 minutes before cooling to 38°C. Once at 38°C you can begin the instructions above.
Write Your Own Review