Mixed Yoghurt Cultures (3 Varieties) - Makes 5kg
- 2x sachets of Greek Yoghurt Cultures - Milk Solids, St thermophilus, Lb bulgaricus, and Lb acidophilus.
- 2x sachets of Natural Yoghurt Cultures - Milk Solids, St thermophilus, Lb bulgaricus.
- 1x sachet of Probiotic Yoghurt Cultures - Milk Solids, St thermophilus, Lb bulgaricus, Lb acidophilus, and Bifidobacterium.
You will need:
- 1 litre of your chosen milk (for best results use UHT milk)
- 1 sachet of yoghurt cultures
- A whisk and bowl
- Your choice of yoghurt maker
- Pour half of your milk into a bowl.
- Empty in 1 sachet of your yoghurt cultures.
- Whisk in your cultures until the mixture is smooth.
- Add in the rest of your milk and whisk again.
- Incubate your mixture for around 8 to 12 hours using your chosen incubation method.
If you are not using UHT milk: Before you use the milk, you need to heat it up to 95°C (just below boiling). Keep it at that temperature for 3 minutes before cooling to 38°C. Once at 38°C you can begin the instructions above.
Write Your Own Review