Caldwell's Vegan Vegetable Fermenting Starter Cultures
Each box contains 6 pouches with each pouch preparing 4.5 lbs of raw vegetables.
Vegetables are cultured at room temperature (15-20c / 60-70f).
This culture is specialy formulated for vegetables (not fruit nor meat).
Refrigeration is recommended.
This is the only starter culture produced which is 100% vegan.
Here are some of the health benefits of using Caldwell's Fermenting Starter Cultures:
- The live lactic bacteria that are involved in the production of the fermenting cultures are so beneficial to health that they have often been called "life preserving agents".
- They contribute to the protection of the body against infections and stimulate the immune system.
- They improve the digestion process by regulating the level of acidity in the digestive tract and by stimulating the production of beneficial intestinal flora.
- They act as anti-oxidants.
- They facilitate the synthesis of certain vitamins, such as vitamins C and B12 (which can only be produced in the presence of lactic bacteria).
- They are known to have a soothing effect on the nervous system.
- In producing lactic acid and enzymes, the lactic bacteria also facilitate the break-down of proteins and hence their assimilation.
- Fermented vegetables are an important component of a yeast-free diet (as in the case of candidiasis).
Write Your Own Review