Dehydrated Water Kefir Grains
- 1x Dehydrated Water kefir grains (1-2 tablespoons to enable you to brew 500ml-1L immediately once the grains are activated)
- Full activation and brewing instructions
These grains are dehydrated so require no special storage or treatment before use.
How to active Dehydrated Water Kefir Grains
1. To activate your grains, make up a 500ml batch of sugar water in a glass jar.
(Sugar water: Add 3540g of sugar to 500ml of water stir vigorously and then leave for 5 mins. Then Stir the sugar mixture again and keep doing this until all the sugar has dissolved)
2. Empty the entire contents of the sachet into the jar then cover with a muslin cloth and secure with an elastic band.
3. Leave to culture for 3 days at 20-28C.
4. After the 3 days separate the grains from the liquid using a sieve and then place them in another 500ml batch of sugar water and leave to culture for a further 2 to 3 days at 20-28C.
5. The grains should now be plump and translucent – and are now active.
Write Your Own Review