Dehydrated Water Kefir Grains With 1 Litre Kilner Jar
- 1x Dehydrated Water kefir grains (1-2 tablespoons to enable you to brew 500ml-1L immediately once the grains are activated)
- Full activation and brewing instructions
- 1x 1 Litre Kilner Clip Top jar
These grains are dehydrated so require no special storage or treatment before use.
1 litre Kilner jar lets you nurture your kefir grains in style! A beautiful and simple to use kefir accessory that you can reuse.
How to active Dehydrated Water Kefir Grains
1. To activate your grains, make up a 500ml batch of sugar water in a glass jar.
(Sugar water: Add 3540g of sugar to 500ml of water stir vigorously and then leave for 5 mins. Then Stir the sugar mixture again and keep doing this until all the sugar has dissolved)
2. Empty the entire contents of the sachet into the jar then cover with a muslin cloth and secure with an elastic band.
3. Leave to culture for 3 days at 20-28C.
4. After the 3 days separate the grains from the liquid using a sieve and then place them in another 500ml batch of sugar water and leave to culture for a further 2 to 3 days at 20-28C.
5. The grains should now be plump and translucent – and are now active.
Write Your Own Review