- 1x Dehydrated Milk kefir grains (1/2 teaspoon to enable you to brew 250ml immediately once the grains are activated)
- Full activation and brewing instructions
These grains are dehydrated so require no special storage or treatment before us.
You will receive one measured teaspoon of grains that have been dehydrated. This is 1/2 teaspoon of grains after dehydration.
How to active Dehydrated Milk Kefir Grains
1. Place the dehydrated kefir grain in one cup of fresh milk and leave in a partially sealed container for 24-hours at room temperature.
2. Each day, strain the grain from the milk and add the kefir grains to fresh milk. This process should occur even if the milk does not coagulate (kefir). The strained milk can be discarded or used for cooking provided it looks and smells okay.
3. Within 4-7 days, the 24-hour milk batch will begin to smell sour but clean. Eventually the milk will start to coagulate (kefir) within 24-hours.
4. Once the milk is reliably turning to pleasant tasting and pleasant smelling kefir within 24-48 hours, your kefir grains are ready to generate regular batches of kefir.
Write Your Own Review